Are you ready to jump into the world of poetry? The COBIS Poetry competition is now up and running and we would LOVE for YOU to be part of it!
What is the COBIS Poetry competition?
The COBIS (Council of British International Schools) Poetry Competition is a wonderful opportunity for primary school students to showcase creativity and imagination through the medium of poetry. This year's theme is 'A Future to Be Proud Of,' and we can't wait for it to be expressed in your poems.
Why Should you participate?
- Inspire others: Our words can have a profound effect on others. Why not create a message to help ensure the world is here for all of us to enjoy in the future.
- Win prizes: The winners will be announced on the COBIS website and social media channels in Jan/Feb 2024. The winning poems will be published on the COBIS website and may feature in their Annual Conference in May 2024. A certificate and prize will be awarded to the winner and runner-up of each category.
Winner: £75 Amazon voucher
Runner-up: £25 Amazon voucher
How to Enter:
Entering the competition is easy! Follow these steps:
- Write your poem inspired by the theme ‘A Future to be Proud Of’. It can be any style of poetry you like e.g acrostic, rhyming couplets, shape poem, ballad, haiku, cinquain.
- Submit your entry to Mrs Ebsworth (firstname.lastname@example.org). It must contain your full name. A team of Alice Smith educators will judge all the entries from Year 1 - Year 6 and will choose one to enter on behalf of the school.
- Please share your entry by Sunday 29th October 2023.
- Wait for the results! Mrs Ebsworth will submit the winning KLASS entry to the competition and let you know if that is you or if you are the KLASS runners up.
Further info can be found HERE. We can’t wait to read your entries and see what you have come up with. Go get started on your poetic path today and who knows, your writing might just be the one that makes a difference.
Use courageous exploration of words to inspire a better future!